Tutoring for Math from Fundamentals through Calculus; also SAT & ACT prep, and Programming
9+ years of experience tutoring math to middle school, high school, and college students. 12+ years of classroom experience teaching programming and computer related subjects
Do you want to bring your child’s grades up? Tutoring is a way to acheive that.
Charry has many years of experience with both one-on-one tutoring, and classroom teaching. She loves watching students go from “I can’t” to “I can”. Students and their parents love watching the grades come up!
Math CAN be easy. It is a matter of having clear explanations that are broken down into small enough chunks that are delivered at the right pace.
A math tutor who combines good explanations with the chance to practice each piece until it is mastered can take the anxiety out of math. Patience, clarity, and practice can work miracles!!
Math requires diligence and hard work. Weekly meetings with a tutor create additional, and often much needed, focus on a subject that students often prefer to ignore. The extra attention and accountability that comes with tutoring is often one of the key ingredients to academic success.
Math matters, and Charry can help your child succeed in math. Working together, grades will come up. Some students go from D’s to A’s! Tutoring is available at her location near Campbell and River in Tucson.
“I eagerly recommend Charry Stover as an exceptional math tutor for all skill levels. We have used several tutors for our kids over the years. Charry impressed us by how much she truly cares about, and invests in, the success of her students. And she works to elicit a similar investment in the learning process, in the form of diligence and hard work, from her students.
She is very smart and detail oriented as well as very warm and welcoming. Whether challenged or driven & competitive, kids will learn a great deal from her. Tutoring with Charry is well worth the investment!”
- $45 for a 1 hour and 15 minute session for older students.
- Shorter 1 hour sessions are available for $40 for younger students.
- Sessions longer than 1 hour and 15 minutes are charged at a rate of $36/hr.,
- Some students may want to come more than once a week.
- Math fundamentals (grade school and middle school math)
- Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus, & Calculus (high shool math)
- College math from pre-req courses through College Algebra and Calculus
- Math lessons for homeschoolers.
- Summertime math review and prep
- SAT and ACT prep
- Classes are offered in SAT prep, Math Fundamentals, and Computer Programming. Please contact me for more information about these courses.
- near Campbell and River in central Tucson
- Contact Charry at at email@example.com or (520) 881-4771
- please note, there is no text capability on this phone — this is a land line phone!
I really enjoy working with people, and I work with all ages and skill levels. My current and past tutees are varied. They include grade school students learning their multiplication tables, middle schoolers trying to get an edge on the upcoming math in high school, Basis students striving to stay on top of things, high school students taking courses from Algebra I on up, and college students taking courses up through College Algebra and Calculus.
Good luck on your math journey. Be sure to check the Helpful Links page for useful math links. These include a multiplication trainer, a graphing calculator, a scientific calculator, “Newton’s Window” and “Bedtime Math”.
B.A. Purdue University, Phi Beta Kappa Honorary Society; M.A. Computer Science, University of Michigan