Math Tutoring from Addition through Calculus, SAT/ACT prep, and Programming
9+ years of experience tutoring math to middle school, high school, and college students. 12+ years of classroom experience teaching programming and computer related subjects
Do you want to bring your child’s grades up? Tutoring is a way to achieve that.
Charry has many years of experience with both one-on-one tutoring, and classroom teaching. She loves watching students go from “I can’t” to “I can”. Students and their parents love watching the grades come up!
Math CAN be easy. It is a matter of having clear explanations that are broken down into small enough chunks that are delivered at the right pace.
A math tutor who combines good explanations with the chance to practice each piece until it is mastered can take the anxiety out of math. Patience, clarity, and practice can work miracles!!
Math requires diligence and hard work. Weekly meetings with a tutor create additional, and often much needed, focus on a subject that students often prefer to ignore. The extra attention and accountability that comes with tutoring is often one of the key ingredients to academic success.
Math matters, and Charry can help your child succeed in math. Working together, grades will come up. Some students go from D’s to A’s! Tutoring is available at her location near Campbell and River in Tucson.
“I eagerly recommend Charry Stover as an exceptional math tutor for all skill levels. We have used several tutors for our kids over the years. Charry impressed us by how much she truly cares about, and invests in, the success of her students. And she works to elicit a similar investment in the learning process, in the form of diligence and hard work, from her students.
She is very smart and detail oriented as well as very warm and welcoming. Whether challenged or driven & competitive, kids will learn a great deal from her. Tutoring with Charry is well worth the investment!”
- $40 for a 1 hour and 15 minute session (younger students)
- $44 for a 1 hour and 15 minute session
- $50 for a 1 hour and 30 minute session (most high school and college students)
- Sessions longer than 1 hour and 30 minutes are charged at a rate of $34/hr.,
- Math fundamentals (grade school and middle school math)
- Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus, & Calculus
- College math from pre-req courses through College Algebra and Calculus
- BASIS tutoring, mini-math labs, and summer packet help
- Math lessons for homeschoolers
- Summertime math review and prep
- SAT and ACT prep
- Summer Geometry classes
- Mini-math labs for BASIS students, or anyone who has a small group of students that want to work together. See the BASIS tab for more information about math labs.
- Beginning Computer programming. Please contact me for more information about these courses.
- near Campbell and River in central Tucson
- Monday – Thursday slots are available from 11:00 am – 10:30 pm. Obviously the slots between 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm fill up fast.
- Saturday and Sunday slots are usually reserved for extra or missed sessions. Weekend times tend to be idiosyncratic, depending on my schedule.
- Contact Charry at (520) 881-4771 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- please note, there is no text capability on this phone — this is a land line phone!
- Tutoring sessions need to be cancelled by 5:00 p.m. on the preceding day. If this deadline is not met, then one must pay for the session.
I really enjoy working with people, and I work with all ages
and skill levels. My current and past tutees are varied. They include grade school students learning their multiplication tables, middle schoolers trying to get an edge on the upcoming math in high school, Basis students striving to stay on top of things, high school students taking courses from Algebra I on up, and college students taking courses up through College Algebra and Calculus.
“Our son looks forward to math tutoring with Charry — she makes it fun! Because he has become confident in his abilities and won success in the classroom, he no longer dreads the upcoming math quiz/test.
Charry has worked with our family for over a year now. Our son has made dramatic improvements in his ability to approach problem solving and test taking. Charry not only teaches students how to answer problems correctly, but also teaches how to approach problems. The latter is an important distinction that has helped our son gain universal problem-solving skills. He now approaches new problems with a methodology that can be applied to the next level of complexity.
Charry, thank you so much for all your assistance!”
Good luck on your math journey. Be sure to check the Helpful Links page for useful math links. These include a multiplication trainer, a graphing calculator, a scientific calculator, “Newton’s Window” and “Bedtime Math”.
B.A. Purdue University, Phi Beta Kappa Honorary Society;
M.A. Computer Science, University of Michigan